About the Course
Achieve your NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education (OHE) with SmileWisdom.
NEBDN Certificate is equivalent to a Level 4
In summary, Oral Health Education is the process of sharing oral health information with patients of all abilities, the wider public and all sectors of the community.
Oral health education helps:
- to develop desirable dental health attitudes and habits
- to help prevent oral disease
Our dental nursing courses are accredited by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN). Our students have an outstanding record of achievement in passing the examinations.
The SmileWisdom accredited course is suitable for qualified dental nurses who aspire to provide Oral Health Education.
The course comprises of 6 modules of 3 hours each, it is held live online with your tutor and is fully interactive.
This is a 90-minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 45 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the Record of Competence
- Pass the examination.
National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN)
How to Apply:
Complete the application form on the sidebar. If you have any questions please email Becky Madigan, Admissions Director, training@Smilewisdom.co.uk or call her on 020 7205 2299 – If you have any questions regarding the Certificate in OHE course please call 0207 205 2299
To enrol in the course you will need:
- To be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC) or Irish Dental Council (IDC)
- To have a supportive employer to supervise your Electronic Record of Competence (eRoC) completion
- To have a valid First Aid / Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion
- Be competent in written and spoken English to able to communicate effectively with patients, their families and dental and healthcare professionals
- To be self-motivated