This course will give you the training and an internationally recognised qualification that allows you to work as a Dental Nurse in a variety of settings including private practices, hospitals and community dental clinics.
Dental nurses play a vital role in oral healthcare, offering close support to the dental surgeon in all aspects of patients care. They provide assistance to both the patient and the dentist during clinical procedures and maintain good practice and high quality service in the dental environment. In addition, their duties may include maintaining materials and equipment and also practice management.
The SmileWisdom Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing course, leads to the National Examining Board’s National Diploma in Dental Nursing’ (NEBDN) and replaces the ‘National Certificate in Dental Nursing’. Once you have successfully completed our course and passed the exams you become a fully qualified Dental Nurse.
The course follows the competency-based curriculum based on the GDC’s (General Dental Council’s) registration requirements for the dental nurses and the NEBDN syllabus. On completion of the course and successful completion of the exams you will be able to register with the GDC as a Dental Care Professional.
Dental Nurses are required by law to be registered with the GDC in order to work in England and Wales. Once you have enrolled onto our NEBDN Diploma course, you can carry out paid work in a dental practice as a trainee dental nurse. Once you have completed the course and passed the exams you will become a qualified dental nurse and register yourself with the GDC; you will receive your unique GDC registration number – these numbers are awarded to trained dental professionals in England and Wales.
After completing our NEBDN course and qualifying as a Dental Nurse one can train/study further to become a Specialist Dental Nurse. Other pathways can lead to work as a Hygienist, Therapist, Dental Technician, Orthodontic Therapist or progress into dental practice management, treatment co-ordination or dental sales. There are also opportunities in teaching and assessment.
Awarding Body: National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN)
Live Online lectures take place in a ‘virtual classroom’ on our teaching platform.
Our live online study mode means you can study with us from anywhere in the UK. Our advanced teaching platform will let you feel like in a real classroom, without having to spend time and money on commuting. Perfect if you are busy or do not leave in London where we are based.
Blended Learning combines live online classes with some face-to-face lectures.
Our face-to-face lectures take place at the prestigious location of the British dental Association (BDA, www.bda.org) on Wimpole St in Central London, conveniently located and easy to find, within a walking distance of Oxford Circus, Bond Street and Baker Street tube stations.
Next Blended Learning* Course Dates: (Thursday course only held at the BDA. All other days are online live with a tutor )
*Blended Learning combines in-classroom and live online lectures. We are based at The British Dental Association (BDA). 64 Wimpole St W1G 8YS.
These are the start dates only. Courses take place at the same time each week or every two weeks, as below:
- DN53 - Thursday 30 June 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran )
- DN54 - Friday 8 July 2022 - 1.30pm to 5.30pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Dr Liz Moran)
- DN55 - Thursday 8 September 2022 - 11.30am to 1.30pm (One 2 hour class every week with Perminder Kaur)
- DN56 - Wednesday 5 October 2022 - 4.00pm to 6.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Perminder Kaur)
- DN57 - Thursday 17 November 2022 - 4.00pm to 6.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
Live Online Course UK Wide:
- DNO23 - Tuesday 21 June 2022 - 9.30am to 11.30am (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- DNO24 - Tuesday 12 July 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- DNO25 - Thursday 8 September 2022 - 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Perminder Kaur)
- DNO26 - Monday 17 October 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- DNO27 - Sunday 13 November 2022 - 1.00pm to 5.00pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Perminder Kaur)