Train to become a dental nurse
This course will give you the training and an internationally recognised qualification that allows you to work as a Dental Nurse in a variety of settings including private practices, hospitals and community dental clinics.
Dental nurses play a vital role in oral healthcare, providing close support to the dental surgeon in all aspects of patients care. They provide assistance to both the patient and the dentist during clinical procedures and maintain good practice and high quality service in the dental environment. In addition, their duties may include maintaining materials and equipment and also practice management.
Career pathway can lead to work as a Hygienist, Therapist, or dental technician and progress into dental practice management. There are also opportunities in teaching and assessment.
The SmileWisdom dental nursing course, leads to the National Examining Boards ‘National Diploma in Dental Nursing’ (NEBDN) and replaces the ‘National Certificate in Dental Nursing’.
The course follows the competency-based curriculum based on the GDC registration requirements for the dental nurses and the NEBDN syllabus. On completion of the course and successful completion of the exam you will be able to register with the GDC as a Dental Care Professional.
(The course does not involve the tutor coming into the work place or any disruption on the working day.)
Dental Nurses are now required by law to be registered with the GDC (General Dental Council) in order to work in England and Wales. If you are registered on our nursing course, you can work in a dental practice as a trainee dental nurse. GDC registered nurses gain increased job satisfaction as a trained professional, as well as a higher salary.
Next Blended Learning* Course Dates: (Due to Covid 19, all courses are now live online, we expect until spring 2021)
- DN 37 – Friday 8th January 2021 – 1.30 pm to 5.30 pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks)
- DN 38 – Thursday 4th February 2021 – 11.30 am to 1.30 pm (One 2 hour class per week)
- DN 39 – Wednesday 3rd March 2021 – 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm (One 2 hour class per week)
- DN 40 – Thursday 22nd April 2021 – 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm (One 2 hour class per week)
- DN 41 – Friday 28th May 2021 – 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks)
* Blended Learning combines in-classroom and live online lectures
Live Online Course UK Wide:
- DNO6 – Tuesday 8th December 2020 – 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm (One 2 hour class per week)
- DNO7 – Monday 15th February 2021 – 9.30 am to 11.30 am (One 2 hour class per week)
- DNO8 – Monday 15th March 2021 – 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm (One 2 hour class per week)
- DNO9 – Thursday 29th April 2021 – 9.30 am to 11.30 am (One 2 hour class per week)
- DNO10 – Wednesday 19th May 2021 – 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm (One 2 hour class per week)
Awarding Body: National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN)
All our dental nurse training courses take place at the prestigious location of The British Dental Association (BDA, www.bda.org). SmileWisdom has the privilege to be the only Dental Academy running The NEBDN Dental Nursing Diploma at The BDA, the home of UK dentistry, situated on Wimpole Street and moments from Harley Street – the premier dental locations in London.
SmileWisdom Academy is conveniently placed within a walking distance of both Oxford Circus and Bond Street tube stations.