Education & Qualifications
No formal qualifications are needed to train to become a professionally qualified dental nurse. Only a good level of written and spoken English is required. New students wishing to enrol will be assessed for English skills over the phone and by reviewing their application form.
It is important that students, as far as possible, are protected from infectious diseases that could be contracted from their patients. Similarly, dental schools have a duty of care to the patients with whom dental students come into close contact during their studies. Consequently, dental schools require entrants to produce satisfactory evidence of immunizations against hepatitis B.
Our trainee dental nurses are dedicated to beginning their careers in an exciting and challenging healthcare industry. In order to succeed you must be self-motivated and willing to work hard. Working with patients and as part of a team, you will need to be able to relate well with people, and be friendly and compassionate. Being a good team player, supportive, tidy and organised, as well as having good attention to detail, a calm approach and good communication skills will all make you successful in your career as a dental nurse.
What we offer
SmileWisdom is more than just training. We want to help you achieve your career goals. In order to build your career we offer the following:
- Help in finding your first job as a dental nurse (career advice and support, help in writing a great CV and cover letter, interview training, regular Zoom workshops, job board with lots of vacancies)
- Access to SmileWisdom job board with 100s of jobs for trainees and for qualified dental nurses
- Facebook support group
- Weekly student newsletter written by our team
- The highest calibre in course tutors
- Personal and caring approach to each student
- Lectures at convenient times including early mornings, weekends and evenings
- Central London venue (Blended Learning study option)
- Totum student discount card
- 30% Oyster card travel discount
- Free student membership of the Society of British Dental Nurses (SBDN)
- …and much more!
OPTION-01: – Live online course start dates:
All SmileWisdom online classes are with a qualified and experienced tutor.
- Tuesday 2 January 2024 – DNO51
9.30am to 11.30am (One 2 hour class every week with Claire Maasz)
- Tuesday 23 January 2024 – DNO52
9.30am to 11.30am (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- Sunday 28 January 2024 – DNO53
10.00am to 12.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Fiza Hussain)
- Tuesday 13 February 2024 – DNO54
6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
NOTE: – Each class is the same day and time as the first class.
OPTION-02: – Blended / Hybrid Learning course start dates:
All SmileWisdom classes are with a qualified and experienced tutor.
- Thursday 7 December 2023 – DNB64
2.00pm to 4.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
- Thursday 1 February 2024 – DNB65
4.00pm to 6.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
NOTE: – Each class is the same day and time as the first class. Alternate weeks: Face to face classes and live online lectures. We are based at The British Dental Association (BDA). 64 Wimpole St. London, W1G 8YS.
OPTION-03: – 100% face to face:
Classroom based for all lectures with a qualified and experienced tutor.
- Thursday 23 November 2024 – DNF10
2:00pm to 6.00pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Sarah Hussey)
- Thursday 11 January 2024 – DNF11
9.30am to 1.30pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Perminder Kaur)
- Thursday 22 February 2024 – DNF12
9.00am to 1.00pm 2 (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Sarah Hussey)
NOTE: – Each class is every 2 weeks for 4 hours on Thursday at the same time as the first class. We are based at The British Dental Association (BDA). 64 Wimpole St. London, W1G 8YS.