A good level of written and spoken English is required, and candidates will be assessed for English skills over the phone at the interview stage.
It is important that students, as far as possible, are protected from infectious diseases that could be contracted from their patients. Similarly, dental school have a duty of care to the patients with whom dental students come into close contact during their studies. Consequently, dental schools require entrants to produce satisfactory evidence of immunizations against hepatitis B.
Our trainee dental nurses are dedicated to beginning their career in an exciting and challenging healthcare industry. In order to succeed you must be self motivated and willing to work hard. Working with patients and as part of a team, you will need to be able to relate well with people, be friendly and compassionate. Being a good team player, supportive, tidy and organised, as well as having a good attention to detail, calm approach and good communication skills will all make you successful in your career as a dental nurse.
What we offer
SmileWisdom is more than just training. We want to help you achieve your career goals. In order to build your career we offer the following:
- Help in finding your first job as a dental nurse (career advice and support, help in writing a great CV and cover letter, interview training, regular Zoom workshops, job board with lots of vacancies)
- access to SmileWisdom job board with 100s of jobs for trainee and qualified dental nurses
- Facebook support group
- Weekly student newsletter written by our team
- The highest calibre in course tutors
- Personal and caring approach to each student
- Lectures at convenient times including early mornings, weekends and evenings
- Central London venue (Blended Learning study option)
- Totum student discount card
- 30% Oyster card travel discount
- Free student membership of the Society of British Dental Nurses (SBDN)
- …and much more!
Next Blended Learning* Course Dates: (Thursday course only held at the BDA. All other days are online live with a tutor )
*Blended Learning combines in-classroom and live online lectures. We are based at The British Dental Association (BDA). 64 Wimpole St W1G 8YS.
These are the start dates only. Courses take place at the same time each week or every two weeks, as below:
- DN52 - Thursday 19 May - 2.00pm to 4.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
- DN53 - Thursday 30 June 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran )
- DN54 - Friday 8 July 2022 - 1.30pm to 5.30pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Dr Liz Moran)
- DN55 - Thursday 8 September 2022 - 11.30am to 1.30pm (One 2 hour class every week with Perminder Kaur)
- DN56 - Wednesday 5 October 2022 - 4.00pm to 6.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Perminder Kaur)
- DN57 - Thursday 17 November 2022 - 4.00pm to 6.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
Live Online Course UK Wide:
- DN O22 - Monday 9 May 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Emily Rimmer)
- DNO23 - Tuesday 21 June 2022 - 9.30am to 11.30am (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- DNO24 - Tuesday 12 July 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- DNO25 - Thursday 8 September 2022 - 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Perminder Kaur)
- DNO26 - Monday 17 October 2022 - 6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- DNO27 - Sunday 13 November 2022 - 1.00pm to 5.00pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Perminder Kaur)