Q1. Who is the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education for?
A1. Registered dental nurses who wish to be more involved with patient care. NEBDN’s Certificate in Oral Health Education is specifically designed to equip a dental nurse wishing to develop professionally to become an Oral Health Educator, with the knowledge and skills required to be able to effectively deliver oral health care messages, educate various patient groups and have the ability to adapt information and communication to the specific needs of the patient.
Q2. How long is the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education course?
A2. The course will take 6 months, during which you are required to attend a 3-hour class once a month (live online with a tutor).
Q3. What job could I get at the end of the course?
Q3. A qualified dental nurse who is awarded the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education will be able to offer oral health support to a broad range of patients. This could range from restorative aesthetic treatment to orthodontic treatment and much more. You will educate your patients on the importance of good oral hygiene, diet advice and other oral health disease and conditions using different teaching methods and apparatus.
Q4. When is the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Heath Education Exam?
A4. Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Q5. Electronic Record of Competence (eRoE)
A5. You will be required to complete a work-based electronic Record of Competence (eRoC). There are three sections to the eRoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case studies
- Supplementary outcomes
Q6. What is the cost of the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education?
- The SmileWisdom fee for the course is £900.00 (including VAT).
- The NEBDN Exam fee (currently £195) is payable in addition to the SmileWisdom fee.
- The deposit of £150.00 is not refundable, nor transferable.
- 6 monthly payments each of £125 is payable by the end of each month. The first payment is due the month of starting the course.
- The total dental nurse implant course fee of £900 is payable should you leave the course at any time, less any amount already paid.
- If your course is completed, yet you continue to attend the lessons for any reason the £125 monthly fees will continue.
- Should you decide to move to another course cohort, i.e., a different time or day there will be a fee of £99.00.
- Fees are payable at the end of the calendar month. A late payment fee of £10 (incl. Vat) per week or part week, will apply from the 1stof the following month.
Contact [email protected] or call 0207 205 2299 for further details.
Q7. What is the cost of NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education exam?
A7. The current NEBDN exam fee of £195.00. This is in addition to the SmileWisdom tuition fee.
Q8. Who is the tutor?
Q8. Victoria Wilson is our Oral Health Education Tutor. Our expert trainers/tutors are all NEBDN approved.
Q9. Is there a minimum level of education?
A9. Yes. You must be a dental nurse registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) or Irish Dental Council (IDC). You must also have a valid First Aid / Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
Q10. Do I need a Work Placement?
A10. You must have a supportive employer to supervise your Electronic Record of Competence (eRoC) completion.
Q11.Where does the training take place?
The course is held live online with your tutor, in a fully interactive virtual classroom, and gives you location flexibility.
Q12. What is the structure of the exam?
A12. This is a 90-minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 45 multiple-choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Q13. What must I do to be awarded the qualification?
A13. In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Attend the live online course with your tutor
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the eRoC
- Pass the examination
Q14 What will the OHE qualification allow me to do?
A14 The NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education g will allow you to:
- Effectively Deliver Oral Health care messages
- Educate various patient groups
- Adapt communication and information to specific needs of the patient
- Maintain clinical records
For further information and for an applications form call 0207 205 2299 or email [email protected]