Who is the course suitable for?
Clinical Dental Technicians
And any other team members with a valid GDC number can benefit from this CPD course.
Objectives of this CPD course
During this comprehensive course, participants will gain new and refresh existing knowledge needed to correctly assess and assist casualties in dental settings. The course aims to equip the dental team with the skills, the know-how and the confidence to save a patient’s life, but can also be applied outside of dental settings.
Topics will include, among all:
- Guidance and regulations specific to dental practices
- Chain of survival
- Incident and casualty assessment
- Signs, symptoms and treatment of medical emergencies in the dental setting
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Recovery position
- Specific challenges of responding to an emergency in the dental practice setting
- The Provision of CPR in Primary Dental Care during the COVID 19 Pandemic