Course Title First Aid
Course Code AID
Qualification Level 2 Awards in Basic Life Support and Safe Use of AED
Who is it for All Dental Professionals incl. Trainee Nurses
Verifiable CPD hours 3 hours
Date 11 December 2021 & 16 April 2022
Venue Live Online (virtual classroom)*
Course Tutor Emma Male
Fee – Individual £95 incl. VAT
Fee – In-practice Training £995 excl. VAT for up to 6 delegates
During this comprehensive course, participants will gain new and refresh existing knowledge needed to correctly assess and assist casualties in dental settings. The course aims to equip the dental team with the skills, the know-how and the confidence to save a patient’s life, but can also be applied outside of dental settings.
Topics will include, among all:
- Guidance and regulations specific to dental practices
- Chain of survival
- Incident and casualty assessment
- Signs, symptoms and treatment of medical emergencies in the dental setting
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Recovery position
- Specific challenges of responding to an emergency in the dental practice setting
- The Provision of CPR in Primary Dental Care during the COVID 19 Pandemic
On successful completion of this course, you will be up to date with the very latest guidance in managing medical emergencies in the dental setting, you will be able to apply prompt life-saving treatment and satisfy the GDC, Resuscitation Council and CQC’s requirements for dental professionals to annually update their skills and knowledge in this area.
As a result of completing this course the learner will:
- Be able to correctly assess and assist in first response treatment of medical emergency
- Be informed/reminded of all regulations and guidance relative to managing medical emergencies in the dental practice
- Have sufficient knowledge to carry out manual as well as defibrillation assisted cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Gain or update their existing knowledge of emergency medicine and equipment required and used by the dental practice
- Be aware of the national guidelines for the safe provision of CPR in the dental setting during the pandemic
Please email us or call 0207 205 2299 if you would like to get more information on this course or to arrange in-practice training for your Team.
Due to Covid-19 we are unable to meet at the BDA on Wimpole Street, our usual venue. All courses are live online at present.