Virtual interactive online classroom for dental nurses
At home and looking for a new career? Become a professional dental nurse with our online live interactive course.
SmileWisdom provides a high quality LIVE online virtual classroom system available on your laptop, desktop or mobile devises – you can join from anywhere in the world!
Some of the benefits for joining our live online lectures:
- You can join your lectures from work or home! You never have to miss out.
- Benefit from the same high standards of learning and support you would if it was face to face.
- No commuting – which saves you time and money.
- You can replay your lectures. Our online virtual lectures are recorded so you can access information and lectures again and again! This feature is fantastic and helpful for revision when it comes to exam preparation
- Accessible information. All of the ‘handouts’ are stored on our virtual platform, so you can keep organised and not worry about losing vital information.
- Our classes are fully interactive – if you want to make a comment or ask a question you can type on the ‘live chat’ or turn on your microphone and speak directly to your tutor and your classmates.
- You can choose to activate your camera so that your tutor and classmates can see you too.
- You will see your tutor and any material like PowerPoint presentations or the clipboard.
- Easy to use. When you join you simply need to download our free ‘lecture app’ and use your login and password. Once logged in to your allotted lecture time you will see your tutor and fellow classmates and your lecture will begin.
OPTION-01: – Live online course start dates:
All SmileWisdom online classes are with a qualified and experienced tutor.
- Tuesday 2 January 2024 – DNO51
9.30am to 11.30am (One 2 hour class every week with Claire Maasz)
- Tuesday 23 January 2024 – DNO52
9.30am to 11.30am (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- Sunday 28 January 2024 – DNO53
10.00am to 12.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Fiza Hussain)
- Tuesday 13 February 2024 – DNO54
6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Deborah Halter)
- Monday 19 February 2024 – DNO55
6.00pm to 8.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Perminder Kaur)
NOTE: – Each class is the same day and time as the first class.
OPTION-02: – Blended / Hybrid Learning course start dates:
All SmileWisdom classes are with a qualified and experienced tutor.
- Thursday 7 December 2023 – DNB64
2.00pm to 4.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
- Thursday 1 February 2024 – DNB65
4.00pm to 6.00pm (One 2 hour class every week with Dr Liz Moran)
NOTE: – Each class is the same day and time as the first class. Alternate weeks: Face to face classes and live online lectures. We are based at The British Dental Association (BDA). 64 Wimpole St. London, W1G 8YS.
OPTION-03: – 100% face to face:
Classroom based for all lectures with a qualified and experienced tutor.
- Thursday 23 November 2024 – DNF10
2:00pm to 6.00pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Sarah Hussey)
- Thursday 11 January 2024 – DNF11
9.30am to 1.30pm (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Perminder Kaur)
- Thursday 22 February 2024 – DNF12
9.00am to 1.00pm 2 (One 4 hour class every two weeks with Sarah Hussey)
NOTE: – Each class is every 2 weeks for 4 hours on Thursday at the same time as the first class. We are based at The British Dental Association (BDA). 64 Wimpole St. London, W1G 8YS.
Once enrolled on the course you can start working as a Trainee / Student Dental Nurse immediately. A typical salary would be £8 to £12 per hour.
The Diploma in Dental Nursing is a part time course with 36 topics spread over one year. Most students start the course, and then look for their trainee dental nurse position.
Ideally, in order to keep on track you need to be working in a dental practice within the first 3 months of starting the course. To assist you we have a dedicated jobs manager Joshtyn Williams (email@example.com 0207 205 2299), who will help you find a job as a dental nurse. We will help you create a great CV, plus how best to apply for jobs, and then being successful at your interview. Please see this link to SmileWisdom recruitment hints and tips.
Before you can work in the dental practice, you must have a Hepatitis B vaccine. You can however start the course without this vaccination. We urge you to get your vaccination as soon as possible once you have enrolled on the course. (Google ‘Hep B near me’).
The total fee for your course is £1,695 (incl. VAT). There is a payment plan available. The first payment is a deposit of £175 once your application has been accepted. You can pay the remaining balance in 9 monthly equal instalments of £169.00.
In addition, the NEBDN examination fee is £485.00 which is payable when you apply for your eRoE (electronic Record of Experience). This is typically a few weeks after you start work as a dental nurse
Please see our Ts&Cs