Knowledge and critical understanding
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of implant techniques in dentistry.
- Understand the range of control of pain and anxiety techniques.
- Understand the importance and influence that the patients’ general health may have on the use of dental implants.
- Demonstrate the knowledge to assist with effective dental implantology.
- Understand the importance of complying with contemporary guidance relating to the environment, facilities and equipment.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the issues involved in the scientific basis of dental implants.
Practical skills (gained in your practice)
- Assist in the assessment of patients who require dental implants.
- Practice effective and safe dental implant nursing.
- Remain calm, decisive and purposeful whilst handling difficulties or complications.
Record of Competence (RoC)
You are required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are four sections to the Record of Competence:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case Studies
- Directly Observed Clinical Skills (DOCS) Assessments
- Supplementary outcomes
- This is a written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 45 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ).
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September
Award of Qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the Record of Competence (RoC)
- Pass both examinations
National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN)
- The SmileWisdom fee for the course is £1,295.00 (including VAT).
- The NEBDN Exam fee of £195 is payable in addition to the SmileWisdom fee.
- The deposit of £295 is not refundable, nor transferable.
- 10 monthly payments each of £100 is payable by the end of each month. The first payment is due the month of starting the course.
- The total course fee of £1,295 is payable should you leave the course at anytime, less any amount already paid.
- If your course is completed, yet you continue to attend the lessons for any reason the £100 monthly fees will continue.
- Should you decide to move to another course cohort, i.e., a different time or day there will be a fee of £99.00.
- Fees are payable at the end of the calendar month. A late payment fee of £10 (incl. Vat) per week or part week, will apply from the 1st of the following month.