Q1. Who is the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing for?
A1. Registered dental nurses who would like to be more involved with patient care. Implant Dentistry is a highly advanced, specialised dental skill which is now a widely available treatment across the UK and overseas.
Q2. How long is the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing course?
A2. This dental nurse implant course will take 10/12 month, during which you are required to attend classes (live online) once a month.
Q3. What job could I get at the end of the course?
Q3. A qualified dental nurse who is awarded the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing, will be able to combine surgical skills with restorative expertise to help support clinicians to rebuild the dentition. These cases require meticulous planning and exacting standards to ensure an optimum result for each patient.
Q4. When is the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing exam?
A4. Examinations are held twice a year in March and September
Q5. Record of Competence
A5. You are required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are four sections to the RoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case studies
- Directly Observed Clinical Skills (DOCS) Assessments
- Supplementary outcomes
Q6. What is the cost of the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing?
- The SmileWisdom fee for the course is £1,295.00 (including VAT).
- The NEBDN Exam fee (currently £195) is payable in addition to the SmileWisdom fee.
- The deposit of £295 is not refundable, nor transferable.
- 10 monthly payments each of £100 is payable by the end of each month. The first payment is due the month of starting the course.
- The total dental nurse implant course fee of £1,295 is payable should you leave the course at anytime, less any amount already paid.
- If your course is completed, yet you continue to attend the lessons for any reason the £100 monthly fees will continue.
- Should you decide to move to another course cohort, i.e., a different time or day there will be a fee of £99.00.
- Fees are payable at the end of the calendar month. A late payment fee of £10 (incl. Vat) per week or part week, will apply from the 1st of the following month.
Contact [email protected] or call 0207 205 2299 for further details
Q7. What is the cost of NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing exam?
A7. The NEBDN (current) Exam Fee of £195.00. This is in addition to the SmileWisdom tuition fee.
Q8. Who is the tutor?
Q8. Our Director Ewa Assaker is the tutor for this dental nurse implant course. Our expert trainers/tutors are all NEBDN approved.
Q9. Is there a minimum level of education?
A9. Yes. You must be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC) or Irish Dental Council (IDC) You must have a valid first Aid / Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion
Q10. Do I need Work Placement?
A10. You must have a supportive employer to supervise your Record of Competence (RoC) completion
Q11.Where does the training take place?
By virtual classroom which is live online and fully interactive. Our live online study mode means you can study with us from anywhere in the UK. Our advanced teaching platform will let you feel like in a real classroom, without having to spend time and money on commuting. Perfect if you are looking to combine good quality education with a busy lifestyle.
Q12. What is the structure of the exam?
A12. This is a written examination composed of two sections:
Part A – 45 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Q13. What must I do to be awarded the qualification?
A13. In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the RoC
- Pass the examination
Q14. As a registered dental nurse what can I do to assist the dentist in surgical procedures?
A14 General dental nurses can assist the dentist during surgical procedures by:
- Preparing a sterile surgical environment
- Monitoring patient
- Maintaining cross infection control
- Maintaining Surgical records
Q15. What is the difference between the certificate NEBDN Certificate in Implant Nursing and a CPD course in dental implant nursing?
CPD courses are part of the mandatory core topics of your CPD cycle.
The NEBDN Certificate in Implant Nursing will allow you to:
- Maintain surgical instruments
- Monitor patient during surgery
- Set surgical equipment
- Maintain surgical records
For further information and for an applications form call 0207 205 2299 or email [email protected]
Course: Dental Implant Nursing
Level: Level 4
Duration: 10 months
Number of Hours: 30
Delivery Method: Live online*
Target Exam: Sept-23
Price (incl. Vat): £1,295
Exam Fee: £195
Total (incl. Vat): £1490