As with every area of medicine and dentistry consent is mandatory. Patients must be informed of how the photographs will be used and stored and why this type of record is being used. Full informed consent must be gained before any photographs are taken. A consent form can be used to demonstrate evidence of informed consent.
The SmileWisdom London Dental Photography Course providing 5 verifiable CPD hours
This one day course will cover all aspects of the use of digital photography in dental practice: intra-oral, extra-oral, and portraits.
Fees: Contact [email protected] fees will depend on the number of candidates and/or if the course in run in your practice or our training rooms.
We can also cover all the technical element of dental photography and equipment.
Participants will be taken through photography, from the basics of choosing correct equipment and setting it up, to the optimum settings, techniques for consistent imaging and the safe storage of images.
- Clinical patient management
- Intra oral photographs
- Extra oral photographs
- Preparation of power point presentations
- Digital photography settings
- Storage of digital photography
- Hands on sessions
By the end of the course dental team member will be able:
- Prepare and maintain equipment for digital photography
- Take most optimal intra-oral and extra-oral digital photographs
- Demonstrate knowledge in clinical photography
- Demonstrate competency in the storage of clinical photographs
- Demonstrate understanding of consent in clinical photography
- Create power point presentation
Dental photography is not yet part of the diploma in dental nursing, however we provide a CPD course in dental photography for nurses. For more information contact [email protected] or call 0207 205 2299