The NEBDN Certificate in Orthodontic Dental Nursing is specifically designed for dental nurses wishing to develop professionally within the field of Orthodontic Dentistry.
This course is intended to provide dental nurses with the knowledge necessary to assist with orthodontic procedures, including critical understanding, intellectual skills, practical skills, attitudes, and behaviours to practice competently.
1. Cross-infection control in orthodontics
2. Classification of malocclusion
3. Legal and ethical issues
4. Anatomic structure relevant to orthodontics
5. Orthodontic treatment
6. Record keeping
7. Orthodontic appliances
8. Oral health in relation to the care and management of appliances
9. Interdisciplinary care
10. Laboratory skills
11. Stock control
12. Indices and clinical governances
Electronic Record of Competence
You will be required to complete a work-based electronic Record of Competence (RoC). There are four sections to the RoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case Studies
- Directly Observed Clinical Skills (DOCS) Assessments
- Supplementary Outcomes
This is a 90-minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 45 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the RoC
- Pass the examination
Is This Course for Me?
This course is perfect for you if:
- You would like to make a positive contribution to your patient’s smile and the dental team
- You wish to learn how to maintain high standards of delivering orthodontic treatments safely
- You enjoy interacting with different people as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- You are looking for a qualification that leads to employment in the specialist field of orthodontics or further progression in orthodontic studies
Apply online today! If you have any questions please contact our friendly team at email@example.com or call 020 7205 2299.
To enrol on the course you will need to:
- Be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC)
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have a supportive employer to supervise your electronic Records of Competence (RoC) completion
- Have a valid First Aid/Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion
- Be competent in written and spoken English to be able to communicate effectively with patients, their families and dental and healthcare professionals.
- Be self-motivated