This course will cover the following topics:
· What is safeguarding?
· Types of abuse and neglect
· Signs, symptoms and indicators of abuse and neglect.
· What constitutes harm?
· Promoting individuals’ dignity and rights.
· Multiagency protections arrangements
· Protecting Children
· Protecting vulnerable Adults
· Responding to suspected abuse and neglect
· Recording information
Raise concerns if patients are at risk
CQC Regulation 12 (Safety of care and treatment).
CQC Regulation 17 (Good governance)
Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006)
GDC Principle Six -Work with colleagues in a way that serves the interests of patients
GDC Principle One -Put patients’ interests first