SmileWisdom invites registered dental nurses to join the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education.
A successfully qualified dental nurse who is awarded the NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education will become an oral health educator, with the knowledge and skills required to be able to effectively deliver oral health care messages, educate various patient groups and have the ability to adapt information and communication to the specific needs of the patient. You will also be able:
- Give oral health education to patients without supervision
- Have Greater understanding and basis for beginning in teaching skills
- Accepted and often criteria for dental hygiene and therapy courses
- Open greater opportunities for further courses or dental careers
- Create an opportunity to progress into teaching, assessing, dental hygiene & therapy careers
This is a highly valued skill, giving you an edge when applying for the jobs you really want.
During this course you will have:
- A standardised and quality assured learning experience
- An independent and objective assessment of theoretical and practical knowledge
- A portfolio of evidence of practical experience in the form of a detailed Record of Competence
- A nationally respected and recognised qualification
- All hours for this course will also contribute to core e-CPD as per GDC requirements.
NEBDN qualifications are nationally recognised and instantly understood by prospective employers.
The SmileWisdom course is accredited against NEBDN standards to ensure that all candidates get a fully supported learning experience and are best prepared for the busy world of general dental practice.
To apply for the course you must:
- Be registered with the General Dental Council (GDC)
- Be sufficiently fluent in written and spoken English to communicate with patients, their relatives, the dental team and other healthcare professionals in the UK. This will be tested with a formal literacy test prior to starting the course
- Be able to meet the work-based clinical requirements of the Record of Competence
- Be currently working in general dental practice
- MAINTAINING GOOD CLINICAL PRACTICE
- GENERAL HEALTH AND DISEASE
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT PLANNING
- PATIENT MANAGEMENT
- HEALTH PROMOTION AND DISEASE PREVENTION
- MANAGEMENT, LEADERSHIP AND WORKING WITH OTHERS
Record of Competence (RoC)
You will be required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are three sections to the RoC
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case studies
- Supplementary outcomes
This is a written examination composed of two sections:
Part A – 45 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
Part B – 30 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the Record of Competence
- Pass the examination.
National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN)
Fees, location and key information
Duration: 6 months
Frequency: Monthly class of 3 hours each
Starts date: 17th July 2021
Day/time: Saturday 10am to 1pm
Where : Live Online and fully interactive *
*Live Online lectures take place in a ‘virtual classroom’ on our teaching platform.
Our live online study mode means you can study with us from anywhere in the UK. Our advanced teaching platform will let you feel like in a real classroom, without having to spend time and money on commuting. Perfect if you are looking to combine good quality education with a busy lifestyle.
The SmileWisdom fee for the course is 900.00 (including VAT).
The NEBDN Exam fee of £195 is payable in addition to the SmileWisdom fee.
The registration deposit of £150 is not refundable, nor transferable, nor exchangeable.
6 monthly payments each of £125 is payable by the end of each month. The first payment is due the month of starting the course.
The total course fee of £900.00 is payable should you leave the course at any time, less any amount already paid
If your course is completed, yet you continue to attend the lessons for any reason the £125 monthly fees will continue.
Should you decide to move to another course cohort, i.e. a different time or day there will be a fee of £99.00.
Fees are payable at the end of the calendar month. A late payment fee of £10 (incl. Vat) per week or part week, will apply from the 1st of the following month.