Q1. Who is the NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application for?
A1. Registered Dental Nurses who would like to expand their skillset and are interested in preventative treatment to minimise risk of dental caries in a wide range of patients, but particularly children.
Q2. How long is the NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application course?
A2. This dental nurse course will take 6 months, during which you are required to attend six 3 hour classes (live online with a tutor) once a month.
Q3. What job could I get at the end of the course?
A3. A qualified dental nurse who has been awarded the NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application has the clinical skills and knowledge to work under the prescription of a dentist providing fluoride varnish application to patients. This can be in a variety of clinical settings, be it NHS practice, hospital or private care. Further study may lead to a role in oral health education or even a career as a Dental Hygienist or Dental Therapist.
Q4. When is the NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application exam?
A4. This course has no examination.
Q5. Electronic Record of Competence (RoC)
A5. You will be required to complete an electronic work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are two sections to the RoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Supplementary Outcomes
Q6. What is the cost of the NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application?
- The SmileWisdom fee for the course is £775 (including VAT).
- The NEBDN fee for the electronic Record of Competence of £95 is payable in addition to the SmileWisdom fee.
- The deposit of £175 is not refundable, nor transferable.
- 6 monthly payments each of £100 is payable by the end of each month. The first payment is due the month of starting the course.
- The total course fee of £775 is payable should you leave the course at any time, less any amount already paid.
- If your course is completed, yet you continue to attend the lessons for any reason the £100 monthly fees will continue.
- Should you decide to move to another course cohort, i.e., at a different time or day, there will be a fee of £99.
- Fees are payable at the end of the calendar month. A late payment fee of £10 (incl. VAT) per week or part week, will apply from the 1st of the following month.
Contact email@example.com or call 0207 205 2299 for further details
Q7. What is the cost of the NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application RoC?
A7. The current NEBDN fee for the Record of Competence (RoC) is £95. This is in addition to the SmileWisdom tuition fee.
Q8. Who is the tutor?
A8. Claire Maasz (RDH, PTLLS) is our Fluoride Varnish Application tutor and a qualified Dental Hygienist. Our expert trainers/tutors are all NEBDN-approved.
Q9. Is there a minimum level of education?
A9. Yes. You must be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC). You must have a valid First Aid/Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion.
Q10. Do I need a work Placement
A10. You must have a supportive employer to supervise your electronic Record of Competence (RoC) completion.
Q11. Where does the training take place?
A11. It takes place live online in a virtual classroom with your tutor and other students. Everyone’s camera will be on, so you can all see each other. You will be able to ask questions and engage with your tutor directly through the online classroom, just like you would in real life.
Our live online study platform means you can study with us from anywhere in the UK without having to spend time and money on commuting. Perfect if you are looking to combine good quality education with a busy lifestyle.
Q12. What must I do to be awarded the qualification?
A12. In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Attend the live online classes with your tutor
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the RoC
Q13. What will the Fluoride Varnish Application qualification allow me to do?
A13. Effectively carry out fluoride varnish application on a range of patients under the prescription of a dentist
- Prepare for treatment with confidence with your new knowledge of instruments and materials
- Communicate confidently to explain the treatment and give appropriate advice
- Provide a safe and clean environment for treatments to take place, protecting yourself, your colleagues and your patient
- Participate in a community-based programme for dental caries prevention
To enrol on the course you will need to:
- Be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC)
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have a supportive employer to supervise your electronic Records of Competence (RoC) completion
- Have a valid First Aid/Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion
- Be competent in written and spoken English to be able to communicate effectively with patients, their families and dental and healthcare professionals.
- Be self-motivated