The NEBDN Certificate in Fluoride Varnish Application is specifically designed for dental nurses wishing to develop professionally and expand their skills within dentistry.
This course is intended to provide dental nurses with the knowledge necessary to carry out fluoride varnish application procedures under the prescription of a dentist, including critical understanding, intellectual skills, practical skills, attitudes and behaviours to practice competently.
1. Oral health promotion
2. Dental fluoride varnish application
3. Referrals, consent forms, medical history forms and post-application information
4. Theories and evidence relating to the method of action of fluorides
5. Application protocol.
Electronic Record of Competence
You will be required to complete a work-based electronic Record of Competence (RoC). There are two sections to the RoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Supplementary Outcomes
There is no examination for this qualification.
Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the RoC
Is This Course for Me?
This course is perfect for you if:
- You would like to make a positive contribution to your patient’s oral health and the dental team
- You enjoy working with children and want to have an impact on their future well-being
- You enjoy interacting with different people as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- You are interested in working within the oral health education area of dentistry
Apply online today! If you have any questions please contact our friendly team at email@example.com or call 020 7205 2299.
To enrol on the course you will need to:
- Be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council (GDC)
- Be legally allowed to work in the UK
- Have a supportive employer to supervise your electronic Records of Competence (RoC) completion
- Have a valid First Aid/Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion
- Be competent in written and spoken English to be able to communicate effectively with patients, their families and dental and healthcare professionals.
- Be self-motivated