Trainee Dental Nurse
Hours 40 per week
20 days holiday + Bank holidays.
- Attend Dental Nurse Training Classes and work towards qualification.
- Full Immunisations complete before any chair side assistance.
- Shadowing each dentist within the clinic, watch and listen.
- The team and clinic manager will help you with any training and time off needed to complete your training.
- To maintain good customer relations with all patients
- To portray a professional attitude to clinicians, staff and patients
- Observe patient confidentiality at all times
- To be fully aware of all staff’s duties and responsibilities
- Be presentable and follow uniform guidelines
- To liaise with Zayba Sheikh on all matters concerning administration, pay and service conditions
Nurses Key Tasks
(you will be working towards this and gradually be able to complete all tasks without help)
- Set-up and prepare the surgery for the type of patient and treatment planned before the start of each session
- Complete daily logs and tests.
- Lines and suction must be cleaned daily
- Clean and sterilise all equipment and working surfaces to the required standards at the end of each session
- Prepare the necessary materials and instruments
- Ensure safe disposal of sharps and clinical waste
- Process, mount and store dental radiographs and assist in the correct procedure for dental radiography
- Maintain and clean radiograph processing unit (if applicable)
- Escort patients from the waiting room to the surgery, confirming the medical history is up-to-date and warning the dentist [hygienist/therapist] of any problems that he/she has noted
- Provide clinical assistance to the dentist [hygienist/therapist] while treating the patient, acting under his/her supervision
- Continually interpret the needs of patients and dentists [hygienists/therapists] and deal with them promptly and efficiently
- Assist the dentist [hygienist/therapist] in the completion of patient records
- Monitor and maintain stocks within dental surgery as necessary, informing ………….. (tbc) and liaising with the dentists [hygienists/therapists] over necessary orders and warning of any shortages of materials in the stores
- Perform chaperoning duties for dentists [hygienists/therapists] when treating patients
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Obey all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality
- Ensure that all necessary laboratory work is returned and ready for each session
- Fulfil all clerical and administrative duties as required by the Principal or Manager
- Report equipment failures or breakages to the Practice Manager
- Identify your training and development needs and undertake appropriate training as required and agreed with the Practice Manager and the Principal
- Perform any other tasks are reasonably requested by the Principal or Manager
- Ensure full CQC compliance working with practice owners.
Report to Zayba Sheikh, Lindsey Gough with any queries or issues.