Certificate in dental nursing course overview
London Academy of Dental Nurse Training
The NEBDN Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing is a nationally recognised qualification. Gaining the Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing from SmileWisdom Academy of Dentistry & Dental Nursing will boost your credibility for UK wide employment opportunities, and you will also enjoy the higher pay typically associated with dental implant nursing.
The SmileWisdom course is delivered in line with NEBDN standards, ensuring you are fully supported and prepared for assisting with Implants in your dental practice, plus building evidence of your skills and abilities by way of the Record of Competence, RoC.
You will also meet like-minded, supportive peers giving you the opportunity to extend your professional network. With a deeper understanding of the theories and methodology behind dental implants you have more meaningful involvement and interest in dental implant nursing.
Dental implants have become an everyday alternative to replace missing teeth. The implant is placed directly into the jaw or the skull to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, denture, facial prosthesis or to act as an orthodontic anchor.
British people want better smiles (Mintel research Feb 2018)
While people are generally happy with their facial features, their teeth are a notable exception; 29% of all UK adults are not happy with the appearance of their teeth. This trend supports the growth in the implant treatments carried out in the UK.
SmileWisdom Academy of Dentistry & Dental Nursing is committed to improving the education and training of dental nurses and other dental professional who assist in dentistry. Our objective is to enable a higher level of skill, safety and operational excellence to be achieved by the professional.
The SmileWisdom Certificate in Dental Nursing Implant covers the full range of topics specified by the NEBDN to award the Certificate in Dental Implant Nursing. See Syllabus
The General Dental Council (GDC) as a long term strategy undertakes quality assurance of all dental nursing course providers. The GDC states that:
- A primary qualification is only the first step in a dental professional education, and further development should last throughout their professional life.
- All registrants are required to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) to maintain their registration. This is because we believe CPD makes a contribution to supporting registrants to maintain our Standards and to patient protection.
- CPD for dentists and Dental Care Professionals (DCPs) and is defined in law as activity which contributes to their professional development and is relevant to their practice or intended practice.
Who is the course suitable for?
The SmileWisdom accredited course is suitable for qualified dental nurses who currently assist, or shortly will assist in the field of dental Implantology. To enrol in the course you will need:
- To be a registered dental nurse with the General Dental Council ( GDC) or Irish Dental Council (IDC)
- To be able to assist in sufficient dental implant procedures to carry out the completion of the Record of Competence (RoC)
- To have a supportive employer to supervise your Record of Competence (RoC) completion
- To have a valid first Aid / Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate of completion
- Be competent in written and spoken English to able to communicate effectively with patients, their families and dental and healthcare professionals
- To be self motivated